Sunday, February 16, 2014

our undying dead

 One of the remaining Gutenburg Bibles

Finally made it to the Ransom Centerto see bits of their extensive archives. 


The current exhibit is focused on WWI~SO many poets whom I've read/taught over the years.  Everyone from Owens to Sassoon to Apollinaire to ee cummings.




 Mata Hari.


I hadn't know that Cummings was a prisoner of war.


The signature of WB Yeats & some rather impressive photography.
 

After all that heaviness of carnage and corpses, it was time to wander around the UT campus and soak in a bit of the warmth.


And then time to prepare homemade tortillas and accoutrements for movie night~I can now say that I have finally seen Up and it is as darling as everyone said.  Six years ago?  A bit behind on the movie viewing.

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't ee cummings GORGEOUS? I mean, as good looking as Oscar Wilde. It's kind of ridiculous how hot some of the classics guys were. Also: Mata Hari. ☺

    I love those little plates. Still haven't seen UP myself. Not sure I want to, since DEATH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He was. Many of them were~was it the b/w photography?

      But it's Death With Balloons.

      Delete
  2. What's in the upper right bowl?

    ReplyDelete