Wednesday, January 27, 2016

(this is NOT my car)



Whew.  Is all you can say some days.

At the end of yesterday, was sitting and waiting to make an unprotected left.  And watched in knowing horror as the person in front of me~for whatever reason, didn't wait for the green arrow and turned.  As you can guess, they were smashed into at 50 mph.  I could feel the thud.  Feeling lucky that they didn't spin into me as I'm decidedly not in the mood for more car repair or car payments right now.

And yes, the drivers were okay.   Other than having their afternoon/evening plans completely altered.  

It was a moment to reflect that while things may seem to move slowly~that truly?  Things sometimes can happen in a nano-second.

5 comments:

  1. Since Eragon JUST did the exact same thing you described and was spun and tossed into someone's front yard... yeah. Everything changes in a second. Add to that her car was maybe two payments from being paid off and has now been totaled... many plans were altered.

    Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh~my last car had just been paid off when it was totaled, so I feel that pain!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Reminds me of our Mexico adventure!

      Delete
  3. So glad that you are safe!

    ReplyDelete