Sunday, January 10, 2016

salvation through slobber


For the kick-off to faculty work week last August, we were divided into groups and sent all over town to partner with various organizations.  Partially this was team-building and partially it was to show us what/where is available for our students to volunteer.  (Trinity grads have to log so many volunteer hours as a graduation requirement.)  I was part of the group that went to the pet center.

And what a marvellous thing that turned out to be~I grew up with dogs and love dogs and love long walks. However, with the long hours I work and the minuscule places I rent, it wouldn't be fair for me to have a dog for a pet.  (And for the record?  If it fits into your purse, it's NOT a dog.)

I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to become a dog walker, but I am halfway through my training now.  Austin Pets Alive is an incredible organization and is responsible for making Austin a no-kill city for four years now!

I've also logged in several hours in the laundry and in the Cattery.

Stay tuned when I win the Powerball this weekend and buy a ranch and adopt ALL the puppies...

5 comments:

  1. Worked for the girl in "In Her Shoes!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next weekend i'll sign up for the doggie wash area!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice, sunny picture - seems like every girl needs a dog. Or a cat. OR a sunny day with a tennis ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They asked me if I'd consider being a foster parent! I'll have to run that thought by Monsieur Bogart first. We may stick to just the walking part!

      Delete
  3. Hope you win the lottery. I'd love to work on a dog ranch!

    ReplyDelete