Saturday, January 10, 2015

charred broccoli is the theme of the weekend


And I mean that in a deliberate and delicious sense!  Found this recipe in the new Food/Wine issue.  Here's their version, but I tweaked mine per usual:

1 cup mayonnaise (I used a couple of tablespoons)
3 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 small garlic clove minced (hahahahahaHA.  More like 7-8 cloves were used.)
salt/pepper
2 lbs of broccoli (I just used 1 lb)

Whisk the first batch of ingredients together and then toss it with the broccoli.  Broil for about 7 minutes.   (I sprinkled Parmesan over the top of mine because it needed to be used.  I also used about 1/2 cup of that divine Trader's garlic aioli.)

Scrumptious.  AND healthy!

4 comments:

  1. I charred kale, unfortunately. And it wasn't all nutritious and having a recipe. I was SO disgusted. And it made the house reek. I think I was multitasking just a TINY bit too much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a very few seconds with kale going from crunchy goodness to charred ick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you well know, broccoli is one of my favorite food groups. Will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would bet that a few drops of the devil's sauce would be tasty on this!

    ReplyDelete