Wednesday, July 10, 2019

botany dramas

Linda and Fionna~two Colombian students who just met 

We introduced the students the wonders of a root beer float as a summer time treat today~it was a hit. Most of them had never tasted root beer before and had certainly never poured soda over ice cream!


My pepper plants are not at all shy about letting me know when it's time to water them.  I noticed blossoms on them today! Soon, I shall know exactly what kind of peppers I'm growing. 


Because these are certainly NOT sweet pea leaves. Once they blossom and set, I'll discover whether they are some kind of squash or perhaps, cucumbers. It will be a mystery harvest this year.

2 comments:

  1. My tomatoes are pink, and there are small fruit on the We Don't Know What It Is tree (Google is NO help), and we just found another tree in a back corner... also flowering.

    This yard is like some Winchester mystery thing.

    ReplyDelete