Saturday, September 14, 2019

dawn at Fifth & Park



After a 'delightful' bus ride in which we encountered Friday traffic in four cities, we arrived the gorgeous Tuscany hotel in Midtown. (these photos loaded strangely on my tablet, so they are not in order.)


A quintessential NY street scene.


The Liberty Bell...


Best bagels in Manhattan are found here~and, at 0 dark 30? There was no line and, a bit disappointingly, no cranky counterman. I felt oddly bereft at not getting yelled "whadda ya want?".


Cheesecake for breakfast? Yes, please.


There is just something about a fresh NY bagel~they are chewy and fluffy. I refrained from trying to cram some in my backpack and simply enjoyed the one.


This was an action shot of my old exit for Princeton.


Rolling into the city~didn't have time to go visit the new World Trade Center.


While I was appalled that we ate at some dreadful chain restaurant on Times Square, it was nice to kick off the trip with a traditional cannoli.


Was delighted that we had solo rooms~nothing mars a conference like a slobby or snoring roommate.

2 comments:

  1. That lovely brownstone looks like the site of every stoop on every 80's-90's era sitcom EVER. It's all so pretty but I cannot believe it's actually that clean!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? You really do feel like you're walking through movie/TV sets the entire time.

      If I ever come into money~I am moving into one of those iconic brownstones in a heartbeat.

      Delete