Saturday, September 7, 2019

there were no anchors,

nor sails, for that matter. But we aweighed away and sailed off for la mamen's early birthday celebration on a Potomac cruise.


But first, we dined on Italian fare in Old Town Alexandria.


Warm olives with citrus and herbs.


Guess who didn't want to pose for photos? 


My 'shroom slab of goodness. 


All settled in for the adventure on the high seas.





(Ginger! Are you enjoying all the people photos??!)


The Liberty Bell~just for my sister.  


In all my visits with Mr. Lincoln, I never knew there was a waterside entrance to his memorial.


The new wing of the Kennedy Center~just opened this weekend. 


A perfect evening.




 Iconic.


Kept trying to capture a plane coming/going at Nationl, but never did.  A fun outing, but now i need a boat. Or better yet, a friend with a boat.


6 comments:

  1. What amuses is that you and tu padre share the exact smirk of "leave me alone," which is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when there is a menu to peruse and important food choices to be made. :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, you have a happy reader here! Good to see your parents. And you. Tanita is right. You and your dad are definitely cut from the same piece of cloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apple-tree. :) Hope that you're settling into your new island living.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! The Dunstons don't enjoy posing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't speak for the entire clan, but I despise having my photo taken and avoid it as much as possible.

      Delete