Monday, June 10, 2019

some days you feel like a nut


This week got jump started with the building's fire alarm going off at something dark thirty this morning. Fortunately, it was just humidity that set the alarms blaring, but standing in the parking garage in one's jammies waiting for the fire department to arrive tends to make one late for work. At least this is a desk job as I distinctly remember the same thing happening in my Seattle apartment and I was late for my first choir rehearsal at a new job.

Made my first batch of almond horns tonight. The batter is so wet and goopy that the cookies ended up as little blobs instead of crescents. Still tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard of almond horns... is that another Minnesota recipe? Was the batter goopy bc of the humidity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of. Found it on the Smitten Kitchen blog awhile ago.

      Delete