Wednesday, June 19, 2019

the caring of coffee



A kind student wanted me to try his version of Turkish coffee, so I found this carafe on my desk this morning. Little did I know how much I would need this high-octane beverage to power through the day. 

Did I mention the other admin is on vacay this week? And we're in the process of hiring a few new teachers and we're getting a flood of summer students. All good things, but a whole lotta paperwork and logistics.

But, it does beat those super quiet days. So, that's my joy for this day.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for being busy vs. partly employed! Guess administering includes hiring/firing? Sounds you also teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I have nothing to do with HR, but the admin who covers that is out for awhile.

    And yes, I teach/tutor on the side right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how was that coffee? Is the sugar level astronomical?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The student knows I don't put sugar in my drinks, so it was pure darkness of caffeine!

      Delete