Wednesday, August 6, 2014

now we're cookin'


It's summahtime now~temps floating up towards to the top o' the thermometer.


And the best way to cope is to head to Barton Springs and float around in the 68 degree water.  Although, some people claim that it is too chilly to be enjoyed.


And then head to a darling bistro that has fans/misters (as in things that spray mist, not lots of men) on the shaded back porch.

 
Celebrated the signing of my contract and filling out myriad forms by going to one of my favorite Austin eateries,  and I am thrilled to say that I just got my new teacher orientation s'hedule and they're taking us here!

2 comments:

  1. I find that misters - unless one is in Las Vegas - only make things more humid. I'm not sure if I like them, and in Vegas, unless you're underneath one, you can't actually FEEL them.

    When it's that hot, I think I just need to stay inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I was around them was in Key West & they just made my post cards mushy. But here, in the dry heat, they're life saving.

      Delete