Saturday, August 9, 2014

Yes, one is supposed to scream for ice cream, but it too darn hot


I can check attending the Austin Ice Cream Festival off my life list.  Whoooo-ee.  We went prior to noon and were still drenched in sweat by the time we stood in the first line for our frozen treat.  I felt deeply sorry for all the volunteers who were there until 7 pm.   


Been here.  Done that.


But I scored a free nail polish at one booth.


After more swimming to recuperate from the heat, it was time to head to the famed Continental Club to hear legend Wanda Jackson~while you may not care for her vocal quality, you've got to admire a 77 year old who is still recording and still out on a world tour.


And it was fun to hear her stories of singers just as fame was finding them~Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and myriad others.  Inspiring to see an artist still going after 60+ years of performing.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't ever heard of Wanda Jackson. I find it a little eerie that she looks DEAD ON like someone I know here in Cali - although my friend wouldn't likely be caught dead in hot pink fringe. It does take all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice is an acquired taste~but she is recording something like her 40th album.

      Delete
  2. Love the colored cones-what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were beautiful but I admire them much more inside a shop with a/c.

      Delete