Friday, February 15, 2013

sweetness


From an 8th grader as an apology for talking too much in my class.


Oddest thing ever--my celery-loving 6th grader came in to swap candy for veg.


A gemstone tiger.  

And I neglected to take a photo of my favorite gift of the day.  A student walked by with his overflowing Valentine bag o' goodies and plopped down on the ground and dug through everything to find me something 'magical' [I think I overuse that particular adjective in class] from Willy Wonka.   So while it wasn't particularly bought/designed for me, thought it was very sweet that he would part with some of his treasured sugar.

Friday!  Don't know of another word that brings such delight at present.

3 comments:

  1. You need to go to school with a whole stalk of celery and see what you can trade for with your 6th grader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they cute at this age when they bring their slightly melted treasures with their own hot little hands?

    Or, like Emmanuel, when he shrieks, "Happy Valentines Day, Gramma!" ...a day late? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, you may be onto something. Except not sure that a 6th grader would have a lovely dark chocolate cheesecake to swap!

    And yes, there is such innocent love proffered at this age. Refreshing.

    ReplyDelete