Sunday, February 10, 2013

year of the snake


Very fun to live around the corner from the Asian Market as I've gotten to hear those little firecrackers and during my market run, saw the dragon dancers.


Forgive the horrid shot, but it was the only one I grabbed from last night's Zydeco festivities. Lovely live band with a French singer,lots of people practicing their swing steps and many sparkly purple/gold/green hats everywhere.  I had yummy tofu and enjoyed my dual culture celebration.


And in the spirit of the skin-shedding snake, decided it was time for a spring wallet.   Dithered about in the palace to accessories that is called Charming Charlie's and came home with purple chiffon roses.  Tres chic!  And I'm hoping that today's fortune is true. 

Gong Hay Fat Choy; may it be an auspicious year!

4 comments:

  1. Are those mardi gras beads I see with your new wallet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we found several strands of beads on the patio as we left the party--no flashing was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend. Nice wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally broke, or Asian food in SF would sound really good about now. I gave all of my beads to a four-year-old to put on her teddy bear, btw - I hope it enjoys its flashing.

    ReplyDelete