Tuesday, February 5, 2013

joys, stumbling upon


Early Valentine from a jr. high student's mother with the words: "I know you guys get tired of sugary treats."  Amen and thank you!


The traffic gods smiled upon me and I was able to zip across the city at 4 p.m. and was able to get both my faculty parking permit and my ID badge (the photo is beyond hideous, so it will remain hidden).  I know they're just pieces of plastic and I'm only an on-call sub, but I'm still jazzed about being officially being on college staff!


Then I popped down to BookPeople to take more blurry author photos.  Tonight's treat was Dave Barry.  While he did give a synopsis of his latest book, he mostly just ad-libbed and took audience questions.  It was lovely to laugh to tears.   He has perfected dead-pan delivery.



At the end, I happened to see the hosts of the Superbowl party I attended--not only are they fun & globe-trotting/living people, it is nice to have been in town long enough to begin to recognize people while out/about.

5 comments:

  1. Dave Barry? You got to see Dave Barry? Jealous! Case and I used to fight over the Sunday paper to read his column...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your college job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the distinctive position. Am proud of your accomplishment!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was a fabulous public speaker and so funny that my face hurt from laughter. A great evening.

    And it's only a sub position at this point--but am glad that my foot is in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working with the little terrors at St. C - and having not killed any one of them yet -- should mean you get some kind of medal and award you can carry around. But, a ACC parking fob will just have to do...

    ReplyDelete