Friday, February 1, 2013

with a wink and a smile


lyrics from one of my favorite songs in today's concert...stay tuned to hear how 300+ singers did this morning!  Welcome February.



A Wink and a Smile

~Shaiman & McLean

I remember the days of just keeping time,
of hanging around in sleepy towns forever.
Back roads empty for miles.
Well, you can't have a dream and cut it to fit,
but when I saw you, I knew
we'd go together like a wink & a smile.



Leave your old jalopy by the railroad track.
We'll get a hip double-dip tip-toppy two-seat Cadillac.
So you can rev her up; and don't go slow,
it's only green lights and all rights.
Let's go together with a wink & a smile.


Now my heart hearts music; such a simple song.
Sing it again; the notes never end.
This is where I belong.

(dramatic key change)

Just the sound of your voice, the light in your eyes,
we're so far away from yesterday, together,
with a wink & a smile.

Weeeeee go together
Like a wink & a smile.

(if you've clicked on the title, the song ought to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day.  You're welcome.)


4 comments:

  1. Love that song and best o' luck with your concert tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will NOT be clicking that, but am eager to hear if you've killed anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was close. I was seated between songs while the Spanish teacher led out a recitation and some mother crawled between me and my piano with her telephoto lens. And she WOULDn't move. As it was time for me to play, I said: You. Need. To. Move. Now.

    Don't remember if I said please, but I refrained from kicking her hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am eager to hear your concert! Glad to hear that you didn't kill anyone.

    ReplyDelete