Sunday, February 17, 2013

capacity for delight

From this morning's reading:

'The quality of life is in proportion, 
always, 
to the capacity for delight. 
The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention.'
 ~Julia Cameron

 
a sweet card from a grad school classmate.



penny found on a trash dumping trek



A newspaper-clipped recipe fell out of a book this morning and I took it for a sign that I ought to see if my torch still worked after the move.  Am happy to report that it does.  Not so happy to report that ground almonds catch fire rather dramatically.

2 comments:

  1. ...but, peanuts catch fire even MORE dramatically. Just a warning. ☺

    Man, we need butane... it's annoying how low that is on the monetary priority scale, but now that you're torching things, I find that I'd like to...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add that to the list of things flammable. I've done some startling things with flour and flame, but didn't know about peanuts.

    ReplyDelete