Thursday, January 31, 2013

scents & sights


It was SO nice to have the sun come back today--the temperature also dropped and we said good-bye to that weird miasma that's been hangin' around for the past few days.   The worse things get at work, the more fiercely I dig for joys in the day and this week it has been all about the senses.

The day begins with fresh coffee and vanilla coconut creamer.  Then there's the loveliest almond soap to use--wish there were a scent option for the blog site!  Lavender face cream.  My personalized Aveda perfume.  Tangy onions & miso soup. On clear mornings, the moon hangs out as I rush down the stairs and the sunrise appears as I zip along the freeway.


This afternoon as I was out getting classroom supplies, I fortuitously stumbled into an early Valentine's of dark chocolate raspberry truffles.  And I have a miniature bottle of Johnson's baby lotion on my nightstand, to remind me of my sweet east coast nephew.

What's the best sensory bit of your day?

2 comments:

  1. I have roses on my desk - peppery, citrussy, winter roses in pale yellows, verging to deep pinks, and some merely dusty pink to mauve, in a Princess House vase which was part of a gift my sisters and I received from a single lady at church who was (for some reason) populating our someday trousseaus. (She's lovely, and has two daughters of her own now; when they're settled, I shall give them a set of dishes each for her kindness. Not that they'll want them.) I've never had rose bushes before and these we hacked back - and they rewarded us by growing back.

    Stringent dieting means that you enjoy every bite of food more, the smoothness of coffee, the cool crispness of cucumber, the mellow goodness of edamame... and the feeling of being replete without being overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home grown roses always smell better; I still can smell the wild pink roses at a family beach house on the Oregon coast. Hahahaha to the PH vase; how domestically suburban of you.

    Yes, there really is something to the slow food movement. And quality food generally satisfies in lesser amounts.

    ReplyDelete