Wednesday, January 2, 2013

wintry walking




An unusual cool day here; perfect for a New Year's hike.  As I hadn't gone the entire loop around Lady Bird Lake, decided it was time.


Repotted a gifted plant; between that and the hike, it's time for a long winter's nap!  I do so enjoy s'hedule-less days.


Calm egret wading around the discarded firecrackers wrappers.


Miniature palm tree seems to have survived the bitter cold days which I missed while out-of-town. Locals told me it was in the low 20s all last week.  And from the way they talk, you'd think it was all blizzards and Arctic breezes round here.


Texans love their stars.




for my Scottish-American friend who collects unusual signage.


cool rock walls


festive benches--cannot think who would EVER sit on metal benches in Texas.


Interesting little puff things.

And now, with that lovely fresh-aired hike behind me, it's time for snackage and a nap; my nephew's lifestyle is rubbing off on me.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, but you actually use your legs for walking...he just goes out in the air and then requests snacks and a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah! metal benches!? Austin, what were you THINKING? Much like metal slides in that part of the world... plain dumb.

    Love those stars, though.

    ReplyDelete