Saturday, January 19, 2013

bits of happy


Nice to know it's confirmed after 7 months at this address....


One of my favorite metal stars--while waiting to meet one of my former Moreau student for brunch.


One of the best bits to teaching is becoming part of a student's life--not just for the term or that campus, but if you're lucky--for years and/or a lifetime.  This particular student just got engaged and is flourishing in her career; it was a delight to see things going well for her.    We became so busy chatting that we completely forgot to get someone to take our photo.  I'll see her again in March, as she's part of a huge arts festival in San Antonio and we'll do photos then.


I've set up a competition among my class sections to see who earns the 'Most Respectful' and 'Best Rehearsal'--prizes are fun--especially when there are leftovers and the teacher gets one! Figuring out what to do with my glitter glue, besides write DIVA on my car door...ideas?


Cashed in some holiday gift cards to get my greys covered up.


Headed towards a blonde summer!

2 comments:

  1. I have that same glitter glue; it goes well with pinecones for table centers - a quick five minutes from glue to dry and they go nicely in a basket surrounding candles. They also go nicely on plain old ROCKS that are in a path (but unlikely to get wet in the rain) so that your way sparkles.

    In my friend Adrienne's neighborhood, someone just scatters plain glitter on the pavement every week or so.

    So you'll be full blonde. Hm, haven't seen that since... well, it's been awhile, I think; since Calistoga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo! I like the idea of writing on rocks. I shall do that and tuck them into my garden pots.

    The greys were popping out too much against the red, so am morphing back to the blonde....hopefully, I'll have plenty of time in Barton Springs this summer and it will occur naturally!

    ReplyDelete