Saturday, January 5, 2013

on the street where you live


Amusing article from last Sunday's Chicago Tribune about how the name of your address affects real estate prices.  Here's the breakdown:

Boulevard:  $117 per square foot
Place:  $110/ft
Road:  $109/ft
Way:  $107/ft
Terrace:  $102/ft
Court:   $101/ft
Lane:  $101/ft
Circle:  $100/ft
Trail:  $97/ft
Avenue:  $96
Drive:  $96
Street:  $86

I was surprised that Avenue ranked so low on the listing.  And I am looking very much forward to moving my own address--whether it's across town, or over a few more states.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Now I have that annoying song stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Hope you also have a visual of those spats he was wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That may only work in Chicago... because Lane and Circle here are much higher real estate. Or, in Glasgow, CRESCENT was huge, or Place.

    ReplyDelete