Thursday, January 17, 2013

humour



I remember a college supervisor telling my 19-year-old self that some day my sense of humour would save me.  Pretty sure I just blinked at her, as I had no idea what she meant.

I do now.  Deeply.  And while I'm grateful for the genuine bits of joy that glitter through each day, it's my skewed humour that I relish and which carries me through idiotic committee meetings and allows me to smile politically & politely instead of kicking stupid people's shins.

V. good thing that it's a nice long weekend ahead, full of delights and adventures.


2 comments:

  1. *snort*

    Yes, well. Premeditated is such an ugly word. "Crime of passion" is a much nicer phrase, no planning involved at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crime of passion sounds like so much work. I prefer just a mere little wave of my hand, vaporising of irritating and stupid people.

    ReplyDelete