Thursday, January 24, 2013

silver shoed debut


Quite an auspicious day for the silver shoes first outing.  Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor was in town to promote her book My Beloved World.  It was a thrill to see/hear a Justice for the first time in my life.  Unfortunately, the zoom on my camera wasn't working--I actually was quite close for the size of the crowd--the book store was PACKED--both levels!  


It was a moving and inspiring speech--such insipid adjectives to describe her words and the humor with which she shared her story/struggles and how surreal this past week has been for her.  I watched her swear in the Vice President on Monday, saw her interview on The Daily Show last night and heard her announce that her book just hit #1 on the NYT Bestseller List tonight.  No wonder her head is spinning.


Have been dabbling with an art project all January.  I've read/seen other blogs and artists who choose a word that they use to shape their focus for each year and 'nourish' seemed to be the one that kept crossing my path for the past couple of months.  Am pleased with how this turned out--as I don't think of myself as a Visual Artist.  Think I'm going to scrounge for some scrap wood to build a frame for it.


After reading an interview with this local business owner (and the raves about the vegeburgers), decided to treat myself on the way to the book event.  May I just say YUM??!  Think I found the match to In/Out's french fries.  Uh-oh.


2 comments:

  1. Love that blazer! She rocks colors others can only dream of wearing. Sounds like in spite of the crowd that it was a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wish the zoom had worked because her earrings were jaunty and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete