Friday, January 4, 2013

marking time

While the passage of time is fresh with all the new year's resolutions swirling about the e-world, I received an invitation to my 25th high school reunion.  Needed to lie down to absorb that.  What have I done with 25 years?  And how on earth did they get past me so quickly?  I still think I'm 19 most days.  When someone asks me how old I am, I have to pause to come up with the correct number.
Chronos time is an odd entity; writers more eloquent than I have spilled ink on the topic.  But we all know how quickly holiday time moves and how slowly toxic office hours meander by.    And so, the first poem of the year is centered on time.  May you enjoy yours today.
Time time time
Make time, give time, take time out
Win time, cost time, the time of your life
Spend time, sell time, the good times and the bad
Kill time, zero time, all the time in the world


Time watch, time travel, time to begin
Time table, time square, can I fit you in
Time frame, time to go, time that you grew up
But tell me...
How do you feel? 
~Shaun William Hayes

1 comment:

  1. You are young! My 50th is coming up this fall-- blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete