Saturday, January 26, 2013

points of pondering



These coincide with various conversations that I've been part of the past couple of weeks. While I am deeply grateful for a full-time job--with those benefits--sadly, it is one in which I count the hours until the weekend and/or the next time I am free from  it's walls.



So.  Spending much time with sussing out what the next chapter, for me, will be titled.  And if Rilke were nearby, I'd kick him in the shins with his wafty 'live your way into the answer'.  Feel as though that is what I've been doing for years.  But mayhaps, that is all it is.  

4 comments:

  1. I've had a few jobs that I liked and a few that I wanted escaping from! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people around you need to start wearing shin guards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the jobs Tech Boy was filling out paperwork for made him snort. Something about "blah blah blah, yeah, we have great health and benefits, but what's REALLY awesome is that we have daily free lunch!!!!!"

    No. I can make my own @#)& lunch.
    Give me a reasonable workplace, please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you; have made it this far, am pretty sure I'll survive until June.

    Ha! People need to stop being so idiotic in my presence.

    And snort indeed; unless it's Alice Waters providing my free lunch, I'll pack my own.

    ReplyDelete