Thursday, October 31, 2019

All Hallow's & Idioms


Such a fun day on campus~you never know if an idea will fly or not, but our scheme for every teacher to do an idiom worked well. Can you guess them all? 



One of my favorite students~he's from Lebanon and worked for the UN in Syria for a few years before coming to Virginia to finish his doctorate.






We had a fab chili bar potluck (and I'm pleased to say the vege chili was a hit)~I didn't have my phone on me during lunch. And I was gifted with this pretty scarf from a Colombian student who is off to college in January.

And now I'm happily in my condo on this stormy night~safe from all trick-or-treaters.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, I wouldn't have gotten the beans because my brain kept heading toward something amounting to a HILL of beans, and I have to say, it would certainly have been hard to depict beans in hill-form! These all looked great, though, and what a lovely scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's been fun, is that we keep using idioms and someone will shriek "Oh, that would have been a GREAT costume". I have a hunch this may become a tradition on this campus.

      Delete