Saturday, May 19, 2018

Gloria Patrick



After I shared some good news about my dad's recovery, a friend texted the above title~noting, with a laugh that her phone evidently doesn't speak Latin. I thought she was being cool and trendy and voila! We have a new term. The conversation meandered through the hells of airport travel juxtaposed with our curiosity and interest in international travel and we decided that we needed our own private jet.

And here, it is!


Laughter may be the best medicine, but I'm sure that homemade love comes in a very close second. The Littles are missing time with their Boppa and are happily creating cards of cheer and healing wishes.


In case you're curious, today is St. Dunstan's Day. Somehow, I had never heard of the Devil & the tongs story before, but I enjoy thinking that my ancestor may have done this.


2 comments:

  1. ...and from that day forward, the devil went forth ...shod.

    I love the murky antecedents for superstitions - the phrase "going at it hammer and tongs" must also come from this because apparently it was better that one could hear the devil coming and see the cloven footprints with metal shoes on them than not for...reasons? Okay, then, medieval people!

    ReplyDelete