Monday, November 26, 2012

minty fresh


Completely forgot that I also visited one of the U.S. Mint's while I was on holiday--my phone had pretty much died, so will have to rely on stock photos of the building.  


The draw for me--besides it being a gorgeous and historical building--was the exhibit on the 50th Anniversary of the Preservation Hall Band.  Such a thrill to see photographs and concert handbills and actual instruments of so many musicians that I taught during my time with a jazz choir.  Vintage video clips and rare music recordings were also accessible here.





Exquisite stairway.


Didn't even think to purchase coins here; I have a set from the Philadelphia Mint from a previous history tour.

(And I truly wish I had been able to photograph the bathroom--it's one of the second ones that I've seen that have the sink and towel dispenser right in the toilet stall.  All three were like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment