Thursday, September 12, 2013

be awesome



For several years, author Jen Lancaster has provided me with laughter and courage in dealing with the mercurial vicissitudes of life. Just finished her newest~The Tao of Martha and leave you with this gem from her beloved dog: 

Be awesome. 
Give awesome. 
Get awesome. 


Had to snicker a bit as I've made an effort to delete that word from my vocabulary after being around my sweet ESL student in Seattle who didn't seem to know ANY other adjective and I noticed that I picked up his habit and over-used it. But it's time to bring awesome back.

2 comments:

  1. It was a word that marked me as an American - as a Californian - and I was heartily mocked for it, in the UK. That's one word I pruned harder than any other I've pruned before. Now I have to watch how many times I say "vexed;" I had a little someone here this summer repeat it after me EACH AND EVERY TIME. It was horrible, because I was indeed vexed with her - DEEPLY - and trying so hard to keep it together that the word - such a polite, polished, genteel word for "I'm about to lose my stuff" - kept coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete