Thursday, September 26, 2013

life is brutiful



'The more I opened my heart to the folks in my circles, the more convinced I became that life is equal parts brutal and beautiful. Life is brutiful. Like stars in a dark sky. Sharing life's brutiful is what makes us feel less alone and afraid. The truth can't be stuffed down with food or booze or exercise or work or cutting or shopping for long. Hiding from the truth causes it's own unique pain, and it's lonely pain. Life is hard - not because we're doing it wrong, just because it's hard. It's okay to talk, write, paint, or cry about that. It helps.'

~ Glennon Doyle Melton, in "Carry On Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed"


2 comments:

  1. Have to think about whether I agree with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott Peck said it decades ago: "Life is difficult." Accepting that on an elemental level and having faith to believe God is good are a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete