Monday, September 16, 2013

comings/goings


The flowers are doing well during this sweltering week~my phone's weather app is all filled with jagged clouds promising thunderstorms.


Penny found~one of my leafy views which I enjoy every morning.  Also enjoyed and was relieved in hearing that my naval cousin was safely at work during the shoot out in DC this morning.



Saddened to hear of the passing of one of my favorite tenors.  Jack Paden was a stalwart tenor and source of much teasing/humor during my choral years at St. John's Episcopal.  He and his wife were also highly influential in creating the successful production of Amahl and the Night Visitors.  His wild tales of life at West Point and the early years of IBM livened up many rehearsals and vestry meetings.  Feel lucky to have crossed paths with this character.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, it's always a privilege to know some of these characters who have great stories. I swear, they should all be recording them.

    ReplyDelete