Monday, September 29, 2014

despite the weather being toasty, we're pretending that it's autumn


Roasted butternut squash soup with sourdough toasts~crisped with my delightful new find of horseradish cheddar!


 And, of course, a batch of caramel needed to be made.


A pumpkin muffin (alas, purchased) for brekkers on the first day of autumn.



 My approximation of honeyed dessert for Rosh Hashanah.


Michael Pollen's pithiness regarding foods:  "If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't." 


And yes, I continue to take bad photographs of darling singers~here's our Rosie Flores.  I couldn't get a clear shot of her cute turquoise tights/guitar.  She's a pistol, I believe they would say.


School is rocketing along like a lurching roller coaster, but I actually knew every student's name today.  (At least the ones in today's classes.)  

5 comments:

  1. That last line is monumental. I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you're invited to come over and make caramel at our house any time it's convenient between now and Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! I'll swap a batch of caramel for sewing machine usage.

      Delete
  3. I baked apple cinnamon donuts this weekend before the sink puked (if they're fried, they get the 'u'... these were just donuts. Doughnuts require hot oil and commitment) and I'm feening to get on with trying out almond-flour pastry. Autumn is a crazy, addictive disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about the 'u'~thought it was the product of lazy marketing departments.

      And thank you, now I am craving pastry things for brekkers!

      Delete