Sunday, September 14, 2014

blink

and the days zip and zoom past.  This was the first full week of school and it included a lovely dinner with the new Head of School (she leads both the Lower and Upper Schools) and Back to School Night.  The faculty all agreed it was a fine thing that Friday rolled around as we were ALL out of food at our homes and digging on the bottom of the closet to find something clean to wear.


I now have a nifty program on my work laptop that allows me to not only SEE all my students' laptop screens, it gives me the power to freeze their account and the ability to TYPE ON THEIR SCREENS.  I cannot WAIT to use this power during one of the myriad study halls that I am forced to host throughout each week.


While I don't do as much urban hiking here (hello 300 degree asphalt), my coin collection continues to grow.


More little chocolate treats~this time in the form of sunflower seeds.


The staff of the Lower School provided all of us breakfast the morning after BTSN.  So gracious and much needed as I rolled in at 6:30 a.m. to reassemble my room.  (One drawback to every choir room I've been in charge of is that it is viewed as a lovely large gathering space for everyone else on campus.)  I arrived to find that the maintenance guys were already lugging in the very large risers to help me.  Cookies are being baked this afternoon to thank them.


The saga of my desk is finally wrapped up.  At first, I couldn't get the two side drawers open.  At all.  They came and pried them open and for the past two weeks, I had to crawl under the desk to smash a lever to let them release.  And then last week, the top drawer wouldn't stay shut.  Do you have any idea how irritating it is to repeatedly close one's drawer while trying to work at one's desk?   They came to fix all of that and the lock....and ended up breaking the lock.  It was all finally fixed and in working order this Friday.  So, I celebrated by getting a nice tray and organising all the bits.  Happy tidy heart.

Our temperatures plunged from 107 to 61 with a violent storm or two and a deluge.  Perfect weather for napping. 


2 comments:

  1. Still sort of blinking at the chocolate covered sunflowers. I can't even...!

    ReplyDelete