Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The long awaited (what? you weren't?) Lessons & Carols


Some of the sweet bell ringers (the child on the right has dressed like a mini GQ model since his Pre-K days, they tell me.)


Pretty sure you're not allowed to have any kind of concert in Austin without a few guitars!


A gifted 5th grader (his 8th grade sister is also quite the musician.)


5th graders, hamming it up.


Oh!  The bow ties that my 5th grade guys showed up are still making my heart happy.  They also sounded good on their descant and their Spanish lullaby.


 One of the sweetest and brightest kids I've taught.


Was surprised that my 8th graders were SO excited to carry candles during their procession of Medieval Gloria.



I have 397 photos and these are just a sampling.  I know looking at other people's kids' photos isn't that enthralling, but I also wanted y'all to see a bit of what I'm creating right now.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE other people's photos if they are from people I love. Like you! Perhaps people don't like my Christmas letter and pics - but I send them out anyway. I've lived in too many places too many years to lose track of people I care about. These are great shots, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ease of digital photos, but it's still nice to have a physical photo. I printed out some of these shots and handed them to parents this week.

      Delete
  2. I think it's worth looking through your photographs and being proud of what you're creating with your peeps right now; I always wish there were pictures of YOU with your kids, but it's kind of hard to take classroom selfies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's ONE photo of kind of the edge of the back of my head. If Santa smiles on you, you might get one of my school photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is most excellent that you have documentation of this first year. And, oh... those bow-ties. Yep! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If men truly knew the power of a silk bow tie...

      Delete