Sunday, April 17, 2016

18,000 words


The touring of the Trinity Episcopal MS Choir began in the very early hours on Saturday.  Am pleased to state that I not only brought home the same children that I left with~but that they (per usual for singers) behaved themselves well.


Very breezy shot as we arrived in Dallas.


Making wise choices for lunch (i.e. not pure sugary products~they all had to prove to me that they were having one portion of protein...they had NO idea when they signed up for choir that their dietary habits would be altered.)





Please notice the darling boy in the center with the bow tie and sling~he recently snapped his collar bone and despite innervating pain, his dad drove him to Dallas and back for TEN minutes of singing.  That, my friends, is a true choral person.



The other wounded singer who snapped her ankle earlier~it was nice to see the kids take turns pushing her around Six Flags in a wheel chair so that she could have just as much fun as they.


Being the teacher means you do room check at the end of an 18-hour day and take cell phones away so they actually sleep instead of endlessly Snapchatting.  They had to turn them off in my presence because I promised a painful death if one of them rang in the middle of the night and woke me.


But I provided a tray FULL of doughnuts the next morning to ease their pain~or rather, the Crowne Plaza did.



Beautiful detailing in the lobby flooring provided a labyrinth walk while I was waiting for them to clear their rooms and check out.





We had a smooth ride home and just missed the wild t-storms and flash flooding that I thought would hit in the middle of our trip.  Whew.


And Bogart had tales to tell of his 48 hours of bachelor life.  And I don't care if it's only 3 p.m.~I am going to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope the children pushed the girl in the wheelchair so that she'd have as much fun as they... but find it more likely that they took turns so they could cut in line. That's what people did when our choir toured Disneyland; all the people with sprained ankles were quite, quite popular, as one can go first in line if one has a disabled-in-a-chair friend.

    Still: that no one died and you got back with the same number of children and no extras before your bus was swept down the freeway counts as a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather was wild all night~SO relieved that we were back safely.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a grand success. I love that you make them eat well; have never heard of a music teacher doing that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha~they didn't know it was a bonus of singing in my choir.

      Delete
  3. A great trip. Glad it turned out well.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too~it was a relief to hand them over to their parents safely.

      Delete