Tuesday, January 28, 2014

how do you spell schizophrenia?


In the space of a few hours, we've gone from lying in the park in 79 degrees to 16 degrees and not being able to walk down the steps because they're so iced over.  (and I'll just add not salting/sanding things to the list of my new management company's inadequacies.)



While I adore baking (and it must be said, baked goods), I generally avoid yeast-based doughs.  Having killed too many bowls of yeast.  But.  I was craving good pizza and the store did not have any fresh dough, so I bravely waded back into yeast-filled fray.  SO very pleased to say that it puffed up nicely and created a silken base for fresh basil and mushrooms.


 Made sauce by roasting tomatoes and garlic together~with this came with a scented option.


And even though I'm decades past college, I maintain that cold pizza is still quite possibly the best breakfast in the world!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cold pizza is my very most favorite, hands-down, breakfast. Much to the dismay of my spouse!

      Delete
  2. Oh, well done, you!

    I wish I had a little more oomph for baking just now - this meh weather is not helping. On the other hand, it's helping me avoid making pizza too often!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be making more of it~it's cheap, delicious, & filling. S'pose one could say it's mildly healthy, as well.

      Delete