Tuesday, May 3, 2016

the swells and dips of daily life


It's Teacher Appreciate Day/Week and our HR Dept offered free chair massages today! Always a good thing and always with the question "what do you DO to get your neck/shoulders like this?"  


A gift card to thank me for going on the DC trip~much appreciated as I lost a week of studio fees while out of town. 


I have one big performance left~a sort of variety show that showcases all the electives on campus.  Today's first rehearsal was like organizing squirrels.  Hopefully, it freaked the kids out and they'll pull it together by tomorrow's rehearsal. 


Faculty meeting was fairly short (and the first one I've had to attend since January, due to Wonka!!), so I got a lovely lake walk in this evening.   I also just found out that one of my college choir conductors passed away this morning~it was nice to walk that out. 



And I leave you with this....what this is?  I've no idea.  An art installation?  A new fad of exercise?

4 comments:

  1. It's the new fad of exercise. A lot of fun for kids and adults alike. Also, it made me sad about the passing of JK, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked enough like bubble wrap for me to want to try it!

      Delete
  2. BUBBLE FOOTBALL. Took me ten minutes to find proof, but it's apparently A Thing. Because everyone needs to play a sport inside a gigantic ball. Because reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And how must it feel when it's 107 outside?

      Delete