Saturday, September 22, 2018

fall flanuese

Very cool copper/tin ceiling.

Just read one of those lists that names the Best of Your State~this one was dedicated to the best pizza places. Decided that since I live very near two of the pizza restaurants listed, that I ought to visit them and see if the places lived up to the hype. 


Wiseguy did!!! I tried the white mushroom truffle slice~delish!!! And for only $3, for about a quarter of a pizza? I will return. Handily, it is right by my favorite museum and the Shakespeare theatre.


Today was free entrance to several museums that normally charge admission. As I've already been to the excellent Newseum, I opted to get a pass for the National Building Museum.


A truly beautiful building with the detailing that comes with older architecture. 


But. It was overrun with amped-up children, so my visit was brief.  


Back to my fav~National Portrait Gallery to see a couple new exhibits. Since I'm always trying to get a good shot of the moon, figured this would do for this week.


Really lousy photo, but this comes from a movie about how a computer sees music. This was a string quartet playing some Debussy. Much more interesting than that Turkish slog I saw at last week's museum outing.


Some nuclear waste from Fukushima.


And now, when I walk by this exhibit of original license plates, I can feel the glow of accomplishment that I helped to put together the 10,000 piece (well, maybe not that many, it just seemed like it) puzzle that was my Father's Day gift this year.

And while I am not thrilled about the upcoming move, it does mean that in seven more days, I will NEVER have to walk into my home and be hit with the stench of prawns/shrimp/pork loins being boiled.

And that, my friends, is an enormous joy.

4 comments:

  1. That nuclear waste looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that when D was being interviewed for the job near Walla Walla, they did a similar thing with the nuclear waste there; it's made into glass... chunks and then buried.

    This seems a bad idea to ME, but no one asked. It probably isn't as pretty as the stuff made in Japan because I don't think the Japanese know how to do things that aren't pretty. Even the waste from a blowup that ruined a plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their whole kintsugi approach to fixing cracks with gold is beautiful. Translates well into fixing toxic waste into something lovely.

      Delete