Monday, September 24, 2018

#notallboys



As this is a blog about finding joy~I keep politics out of it. But the foment and consternation of current events is too big to ignore. So. For the purpose of this blog, I will say that I am grateful that I went to high school and college with boys who respected women. Yeah, there were the jerks and oblivious clods/cads, but being assaulted was not part of our parties and gatherings. 

The whole line of "boys will be boys"?

No. No, they don't have to be. I am thankful for all the male classmates who were decent humans. 


This was the car parked next to me at work~I need these plates. Let's hope I live in DC or MD, so I can use their idea!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting what you did in these crazy times without being inflammatory. As the mother of only sons; no sisters; and five grandsons (as well as five granddaughters) - the first three being boys (now young men) I'm appalled that this whole gender can be categorized as a risk and danger to women. Where's the balance? The common sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said~trying to keep this space a happy one. But it just irks me to hear the argument that that's just how boys are and we ought to just shrug off bad behavior.

      Hopefully things are beginning to shift where this isn't the norm.

      Delete
  2. There was a gameshow where people were meant to be able to read license plates. I'm amused that this is less reading and more using snakes as a space!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous How many license plate designs are available. I miss wjem each state had one.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! First time I fixed my Hair all month!!!

      Delete