Thursday, February 14, 2019

alchemy


Check me out~all official and everything. Now I need to find restaurants that do those free lunch drawings and go drop my card in.


Realized that I haven't really done a baking project this year, so decided VD was a perfect time to concoct something deliciously chocolate. 


Chopping chocolate, 


scooping mascarpone,


and admiring the magical quality of whipping cream. Srsly, who figured out that cream could transform like this?


Another successful creation from one of my most-used cookbooks.



My colleagues were thrilled with their gifts, and I won't even tell on those who ate these for breakfast.


And in other news and on the other coast, my dad turned 80 today!! Wish I were there to celebrate, but we had a nice visit via phone.

Hope your day was also filled with love.

4 comments:

  1. Our friend Nancy turns seventy-something this week, so that was a great excuse to take her to dinner today. I remain amazed at all the February birthdays in my life! And all the more excuses for pumpkin pie (which I have a serious yen for, and will bake when I get home - Have two lovely kabocha squash just waiting...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you too, could have pumpkin pie for your birthday!

      Delete
  2. Your dessert looks yummy. Would love a bite or two.

    ReplyDelete