Friday, February 8, 2019

nature vs. nurture

I remember rather earnest Psych 101 classes where a bunch of clueless 18 yos gave our opinions on child rearing. While a solid home and loving parents are to be appreciated~in the past few years~observing my Littles, I am leaning towards Nature. These itty bitty people come just as they ARE. Even from a few weeks old, you can see definite personality traits.


Got a sweet little thank you card from the middle niece. I know she was most excited that I gave her an entire bag of Starbursts with the rest of her gift.


And this! My sis told the child to eat her breakfast so they could leave for school and this is what she turned around and saw. When you're just not in the mood for school/work, why pretend otherwise???


Still savoring my home SO much. Even with the vile commute and super long hours right now; it is just divine to come back to a space that's lovely and allllllllll mine. And now I get to nest in for the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you have your sis and her little ones nearby and a lovely place to call home! We have been hunkered down in our winter wonderland while the paucity of snow removal/sanding equipment and the volume of traffic have left grocery shelves bare and people skiing on the side roads. Church was cancelled today, and first responders are not able to reach isolated people. Steve's family is out of power but have a gas fireplace and cooking stove. Makes Robert Frost's iconic poem rather ironic when it's unsafe to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am enjoying all the snowy photos of Seattle! Beautiful. We're supposed to get more next week.

      Delete
  2. ...that's really the only way to eat cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laugh so much at her expression. Just a calm "nope".

      Delete