Saturday, February 16, 2019

more quiet joys


Had hilarious lessons this morning; I took the "P is for Pterodactyl" book for my ESL lesson. It's a great book for any day/occasion but we got derailed on a simpler word from the book~'folks'. My student's accent is still fairly strong and she was trying to change 'forks' to 'folks' and you can imagine where it went from there. We were crying with laughter.

Am proud of the progress my two adult piano students are making as well. And the house where I teach has an enthusiastic dog that is my new best friend. He sits with his head on my leg throughout the lessons.


Finally got some dough to rise and made my very first loaf of sourdough!!!!!!!!


Some teeny asparagus to roast and the news that a friend's surgery went well.


2 comments:

  1. More accomplishments - and congratulations in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making another loaf today to share with students; we had a long conversation last week about natural yeast.

      Delete