Wednesday, May 29, 2019

vicissitude

Yes, just one. The 'check engine' light went on this morning, juuuuust as I merged into traffic. But I made it to work and got a great tip from a colleague to go to Aamco because they will do a free assessment of what's wrong. So, my little car goes in tomorrow morning. Finger's crossed that it's something simple/cheap like spark plugs that hate the humidity.


A student gave me these lovely beads today to match my lemon cardigan~I wore them as a necklace all day...not realizing that they're prayer beads. Ooops. Still some cultural learning to absorb.

We are welcoming nine new students next week for summer session. Ought to be fun. Another teacher is going to do my cooking class and we've got a younger crowd, so the field trips ought to be more frequent.


And my frog decided he wanted to live with the jasmine. Once the ladybug has eyes, she'll get to pick her new abode.

5 comments:

  1. Your beads make me smile. They look a ...little like a rosary? But, honestly, if you're not of the faith, how are you to know???

    I love that little watermelon frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she didn't say anything about what they were. Just had an workload that she passed out to us.

    Isn't he darling???!!! He needs a name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "armload" not "workload". Not sure where Kindle was going with that autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fancy schmancy Kindle. I can only READ THINGS on mine.

      We need the name of some Heirloom watermelon that sounds like a fairytale prince...

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Amazon Fire~not a Kindle.

      And thank you! You just gave me a project to do during work today!

      Delete