Friday, March 29, 2013

blissful



After a lovely alarm-clock-free morning, as soon as the rain passed through, I zipped down MoPac to see what was blooming at the Lady Bird Wildflower Center.  The courtyard looked vastly different from the Christmas luminaria event--which was the last time I was here.


Happy little turtle family greeted me at the front fountain.


Bench of enchantment.  And perhaps splinters, but charming.


I crawled in the patch of the famed bluebonnets to get up close/personal with one of them.



The only movement I saw in the moth/butterfly shed.





While I primarily associate my grandma Dunston with sweet peas, these come a close second in conjuring up memories at her home.


Back to the window which I captured in July.  Today's visit was much more pleasant as it was well under 100 degrees.


Austin used to give away glass mulch for free--with the gales that blast through here, the usual fluffy stuff doesn't stay on the ground or in the pots.



A new preservation trail opened by UT.  Must be a fun way to research one's dissertation.




Climbed the tower this time to enjoy the view.  Not all of Texas is barren and dust-filled.



Looking north towards Austin.






Hard to see here, but the little guy was watching me.   A couple of little kids were shrieking behind me because they thought this was so cool.


 Adore arches.  And if they're covered in blooming vines?  All the better.


Another charmingly placed bench.  Ya'll really must come and visit!



My favorite things about Texas all in one shot--the limestone structures, the rolling hills, the huge oak trees and wide open skies.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I DEMAND a visit to these gardens if/when I come to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time! We also have a lovely sculpture park and a botanical garden that are worth seeing.

      Delete
  2. Aren't public gardens the BEST? We're just finding more and more open/public spaces to visit, as if we're visitors - there are more than we realized.

    ReplyDelete