Sunday, October 1, 2017

miles went


As it was a gorgeous autumn day (the humidity finally let go of us) and I discovered that the first Sunday of the month is free admission, I took myself on a field trip to the National Museum of Women Artists.


Thinking this would be a good upgrade for my niecelet when she's a teen, but it wasn't for sale in the gift shop. 


Think this one was Sterile Mud or Angry Snow.   


Love this cityscape. 


I had NO idea that Lee Krasner, wife of Jackson Pollock, was an artist of her own. She's one of the few females to have a retrospective at the MOMA in NYC.


Now, this, this is a selfie artist. (I also learned that she hosted Trotsky and his wife when they exiled to Mexico.) 


I'd say the Mayor of Puerto Rico is already doing a stellar job of this.


Metal sculpture of skirts to symbolize something deep and meaningful.



Since it was so nice outside, decided to walk to the SAAM and revisit some favorites.  


Black tambourines in memoriam of the prayer meeting shooting in Charleston, 2015. 



 Sumptuous flower beds everywhere today.


Um-hm. 








Just a stunning day. 



When you sit in certain parts of the Castle gardens, you wouldn't believe that you're in the middle of a major city. Flocks of butterflies and many chirping crickets were the only sounds~well, and a few tourists.




Odd to smell plumeria in October (on the mainland), but it was wonderful. Happy new month to y'all.

2 comments:

  1. The only plumeria I've ever smelled is in a bottle of essential oils I used to put in candles -- and I thought it was an odd, plummy smell. I'd love to smell real live flowers someday.

    It is really quite pretty where you are! My friend in PA has similar pictures, which I find unbelievable, but apparently so much of the E. Coast was built to a ...style that there really is a lookalike-ness to small towns. Quite striking, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look quite similar for several states. I especially love the custom of candles in the windows at Christmas

      Delete