Saturday, October 14, 2017

twists in the day


My cousin's choice for his bday breakfast~cute idea.

Norton Anthology dress
I was supposed to teach my first lesson today, and as my car isn't running at present, I got dropped off as my cousins went to church. The lesson cancelled, so I had three quality hours to kill time at a mall.


The upside was that there was this display of dresses fashioned out of recycled and/or found materials.



A bustle crafted out of a novel. There was also a large Shakespeare display of costumes and signage with theatre vocabulary~quite the cultured mall. 


I did walk over to the school anyway to see the campus and meet the office people and passed by these butterflies enjoying Home Depot's array of plants. 


Rather tattered urban butterfly. 


So. Not the day I had planned, but still some spots of beauty enjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might have worn that red and yellow number - so pretty! I love that there IS a Norton Anthology dress... but I can't say the bodice would suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little twitchy that an Anthology was destroyed, but maybe it was already damaged?

      Delete