Sunday, October 29, 2017

thither & yon


Finally made it to the Eastern Market for a sunny adventure. It was a typical farmer's market, albeit one that is 136 years old.


Since it was so nice, decided to just keep walking down Pennsylvania Ave. The line to get into the Library of Congress was too long, so I skipped it this visit. 


They classily have their very own pylons. 




And, since it was across the street, climbed the steps to the Supreme Court. 


The view from the steps. 


How I've never been to the Botanical Gardens, I don't know~but I was delighted to stumble upon them.


It was Bat Day, so lots of kiddie activities scattered throughout the place. No bats, though. 



In the Tropics Room. 


Guess which room this is? 



These were the coolest flowers~coming with their own cunning little cup. 



Cacao pods!!!! 




Sooo many orchids.



A wall in the Children's Garden~there were all manner of little spades, watering cans, and plant containers so the kids could dig and water and move things around. (No, I restrained myself from joining in. I really need my Littles along with me so I can indulge in the truly fun things!) 


Lil  'shrooms for little bums. 


These were my favorite of the entire day~large scale dandelion sculptures.




A very NY moment on a tree-lined avenue.


One of my favorite food trucks. 


There was a random pop-up Moroccan exhibit in the middle of the Mall.
Made it to the metro just as the dark storm clouds were piling up.

2 comments: