Saturday, April 21, 2018

flanuessing


A GORGEOUS day to be out/about. 


The tulips have finally been convinced to open. 


Flags at half-mast for the passing of Barbara Bush.


Delish coffee from a favorite cafe. 




I've seen the entry to the National Botanical Gardens now in three seasons, and they are each stunning. 




These orchids were climbing almost a full two-stories.




Me and my love of glitter were thrilled to find a sparkly doorway in the East Building of the National Museum of Art~my first visit. Less thrilled to read the description that each bead symbolized the poison of chemo dripping through veins. (This is why sometimes, I prefer to be ignorant of art.)


And again I ask~HOW is this art? Even if it's abstract or something I don't enjoy, I can appreciate the skill/craft that went into creating it. But painting a large canvas ONE colour and naming it something stupid like Untitled #97 is not Art. (imo.) 


I was soothed by seeing a Kandinsky~always love his joyful colours/shapes. 


But then walked around the corner to see this piece of weird canvas taped to the wall. I can't even.


Up on the rooftop, no Santa, but a Very Large & Bright Rooster. While it's whimsical and startling, I feel a bit sorry for the offices across the plaza that have this for a daily view.


Intriguing shadows created by this pipe sculpture. 



And I stumbled into an entire room of Rothkos! I was introduced to his work by one of my best friends~so it's always a lovely reminder of her when I see one of his paintings. 




Had a yummy chk'n sandwich at Hip City Veg and got my greys all covered at the Aveda Institute. Get ready for an onslaught of darling photos of my Littles!

2 comments:

  1. To me, the silver beads would signify that though this is poison going in, drop by drop, life shines through. Somehow, we don't die of chemo... but we live through it. Art always illustrates dichotomy, does it not?

    I'm going to give my orchids a little talking-to, I think. They have GOT to live up to their potential now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful metaphor AND it make tinkly sounds as the beads shimmered.

      Yes~tell those little buggers that they live in an ideal climate to climb at least one story!!!

      Delete