Saturday, April 28, 2018

kondomari


The dogwoods (Virginia State Flower) are blooming like mad this week.



A drippy day, but the grey makes the colours pop even more.




I don't know what you do with one day off, but I decided to use the Kondo chick's suggestions for tidying up one's closet/life. (Google her, I'm too rushed to add the link.)


My closet is usually fairly organized, but I managed to cull two bags to donate to Goodwill this week. 



 It's nice to know, clothing-wise, what brings you joy.

2 comments:

  1. For me, it's less what brings me JOY, than "how close are we to Tide Week, and will that still fit?" We are both changing size so often I am culling clothes almost every month. Seriously grateful for ThredUP for me, and myriad Eddie Bauer sales for him.

    I have started sorting warm/cool weather things to bins because Himself and I are sharing a closet - and he actually has TONS more clothes than I do (which is unusual in a dude, I guess, but he has 140596908.68 work shirts, and all must be hung). My hanging space is shared with coats, because we have no coat closet in the front room, which I find bizarre. One thing tech companies do is give out T-shirts... I have decided that they go STRAIGHT into the culling sack, unless for some bizarre reason they are beloved (and we've never had THAT happen. Ever). Life is too short to advertise for tech companies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea~I always waver about what to do witl all my choir/school/VBS shirts. I sure don't want them but can't imagine anyone else does. But it's hard to toss perfectly good shirts. I use them for padding for packing & i've scrubbed my floors with some.

    ReplyDelete