Thursday, April 5, 2018

alternate


A cup of fresh Moroccan mint tea~such a kindness while I grade papers.  


Since this class has been working on their narrative essays, we needed a game break today. And were they creative in inventing new ways to play! I walked over to one game to find that they decided to turn the 'draw pile' letters face side up~to make it easier to find the ones they needed... 


The other group was helping themselves to their classmates letters. But we had a lot of fun and they learned some new vocab~and that's truly what matters to me.

5 comments:

  1. Good job using games to build vocab skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun and it keeps them engaged for an hour.

      Delete
  2. Fresh mint tea - the leaves were green? That's always so nice, but to me, that's a summer drink. I shall have to try it hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I see they play Scrabble like my sibs used to do when they were small. So many "new" rules.

      Delete
  3. My grandma grew so much mint~hung it to dry in her attic, so it's one of my favorite teas.

    And sigh. I think I ought to save my breath with the games and let them create their own rules to begin with!

    ReplyDelete