Friday, April 13, 2018

existential moments



There are many moments that utterly change your life~sometimes with agony and others with magic.


I got to experience one of the latter yesterday when I met Kathryn Rene, my new niece.


I already knew she had a cute face from seeing the sonograms previously, but was enchanted by her blonde fluff.


Mama and baby are doing well~if a bit tired out. I was lucky enough to spend the night with them in the hospital and we decided that the next time we pull an all-nighter, we better be landing on a new continent or having a fabulous road trip.

She has a busy day with meeting her siblings and one of her grandmothers and wearing her first cute outfit.

Mazel Tov little one!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you could be there, Laurie. A brand new life is truly a miracle. Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is VERY blonde. And such a nice and round head. Nephew 2 was like that -- and his head remains that round to this day... we also call him Charlie Brown occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-section babies have nice round heads because. Yeah, we'll leave it at that! I think my Littles are small until I compare them to their newborn sister and then they look giant!

    ReplyDelete